NACHA has released Operations Bulletin #2-2017
Same Day ACH and Debit Processing
ACH debits become eligible for same-day settlement with the implementation of Same Day ACH Phase 2 on September 15, 2017. This ACH Operations Bulletin provides information to Originating and Receiving Depository Financial Institutions, Originators, Third-Party Senders, and software and processing vendors on important aspects of ACH debit processing in a same-day environment. Even those not planning to use same-day processing for ACH debits should take reasonable care to prevent unintentional same-day ACH debits.
- All Originators should “check and correct” the Effective Entry Dates in ACH transactions they originate, even those that do not intend to make use of same-day debits.
- All Originators that intend to make use of same-day ACH debits should review their authorization language to ensure that the terms are clear and readily understandable regarding the timing of such debits.
- All ODFIs should identify and contact Originators that currently use incorrect Effective Entry Dates in their ACH debit transactions, or otherwise act to address such Originators’ use of incorrect Effective Entry Dates.
- All Third-Party Senders, ACH software vendors, and ACH payment processors should assess their own role(s) in ensuring accurate ACH processing, including the accurate dating of ACH transactions.
- ODFIs can contact their ACH Operator(s) for additional assistance, tools and reports regarding Same Day ACH.
For more information, Members can Click Here.